Edinburgh City Tour
Shore excursion from port of Leith or South Queensferry, United Kingdom
- Duration 8h
- Activity level low
What you'll do
Our guide will meet you at the port of Leith or Queen Southferry where we board an air-conditioned coach to take a guided tour of Edinburgh.
We will start our day with a panoramic tour of the city.
In the new city we will see: Charlotte Square, George Street, Moray Square, Robert Louis Stevenson house and Arthur Conan Doyle neighborhood, St Mary's Cathedral, St Andrews Square, and the area of the banks.
Then we will enter the area of the old town passing by the Princess Street and the gardens, the museums, and the monument to Sir Walter Scott.
If we have time, we will go up the hill of Calton Hill, the best place to enjoy the scenery of the River Forth and the panoramic view of the city.
We will then arrive to Abbey Strand and Canongage where begins Royal Mile, the oldest street in Edinburgh and where the new Scottish Parliament is also located. This is also the area of Queen's Park or Holyrood Park with its palace and extinct volcano Arthur Sit.
Important note: in case of rain, Calton Hill could be replaced by Arthur Seat Hill in Queen's Park from where you can enjoy excellent views (done by bus).
We will then visit Edinburgh Castle before starting our walking tour of the city with our guide. Free time for lunch (not included)
We will enter the heart of the old town to visit St Giles Cathedral. Thanks to the comments of our guide, we will learn how Scotland became a country of Protestant Religion. Free time to discover the Cathedral and the Mercat Cross Area.
Return to the port of Leith or Queen Southferry so you can rejoin your ship for onward passage to you next port of call.
- EDINBURGH CASTLE (payable with reservation):
- Adults 16 to 59 years: € 20.00 (approx. 24USD)
- Over 60 years: € 16.00 (approx. 19USD)
- Children from 5 to 15 years old: € 12.00 (approx. 14.50USD)
- Under 5 years: Free
- SAINT GILES CATHEDRAL: There is no mandatory entry, but the Cathedral asks for a donation of GBP 3.00 (approx. € 4.00) and GBP 2.00 (approx. € 3.00) as permission to take pictures. On-site payment.
- Easy / Panoramic / Cultural Level
- Comfortable shoes required.
- This excursion is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, people who require the use of wheelchairs or who travel with baby carriages, due to the irregularity of the terrain.
- To go to Edinburgh Castle, people with disabilities have to use a mobility vehicle, but sometimes they have to wait 30 to 40 minutes to use it. In addition, to get to the point where the vehicle is, it is possible that the customer must take a taxi.
- In the old town, the streets are not flat, they are made of old stones and rise sharply.
|2022||Group of 29 people||1460.0 €|
|2022||Group of 49 people||1660.0 €|
|2022||Group of 53 people||1700.0 €|
|2022||Group of 57 people||1750.0 €|
|2023||Group of 29 people||1460.0 €|
|2023||Group of 49 people||1660.0 €|
|2023||Group of 53 people||1700.0 €|
|2023||Group of 57 people||1750.0 €|