The Waterfall of the Gods and Laufas Museum
Shore excursion from port of Akureyri, Iceland
- Duration 4h
- Activity level low
What you'll do
Our guide will meet you at the port of Akureyri with a Shore2Shore sign.
The bus will leave the pier for a short transfer to Godafoss, "the Waterfall of the Gods", which at 12 meters high is one of the most spectacular falls in Iceland. The origins of this legendary spot date back to 1.000 AD when a senior chieftain, Thorgein, upon converting to the Christian faith, was compelled to hurl his Pagan god carvings ino the waterfall. This is an ideal spot to take photos of the falls and the surrounding scenery.
Next stop is the Laufas Folk Museum, originally as manor farm and vicarage and which dates back to 1866. The museum contains period domestic and agricultural tools.
Return to Akureyri for a short visit to the Botanical Gardens that contain display of high-latitude and high-latitude plants from around the world.
Return to the port of Akureyri.
- DURATION: 4 HOURS
- LAUFÁS MUSEUM, (PAYMENT WITH RESERVATION) The visit of the Museum is optional but recommended as it forms a large part of the itinerary. Passengers who do not want to enter will have free time at their disposal.
- Admission Adults € 13 (approx. 15.50USD), under 18 free.
- The botanical garden remains open from June 1 to September 30 - FREE
- Easy level / Panoramic / cultural
- Comfortable shoes required.
- This excursion is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, people who require the use of wheelchairs or who travel with baby carriages, due to the irregularity of the terrain.
|2022||Group of 19 people||1785.0 €|
|2022||Group of 29 people||1785.0 €|
|2022||Group of 39 people||1870.0 €|
|2022||Group of 47 people||2530.0 €|
|2022||Group of 49 people||2180.0 €|
|2023||Group of 19 people||1785.0 €|
|2023||Group of 29 people||1785.0 €|
|2023||Group of 39 people||1870.0 €|
|2023||Group of 47 people||2530.0 €|
|2023||Group of 49 people||2180.0 €|