Nuuk and its natural beauties
Shore excursion from port of Nuuk, Greenland
- Duration 2h
- Activity level medium
What you'll do
Pick up at the port by our english speaking guide and our bus with asign.
Don't forget to bring extra clothes because in summer the average temperature is only 10 degrees, but we can find a sunny and warm day as well as cloudy and/or foggy.
Today we will take a walk in the colorful capital of Greenland, Nuuk. It is the main cultural and economic center of the country and at the same time the least populated capital in the world (about 19,000 inhabitants in 2021).
Starting at the Colonial Port, in the oldest part of Nuuk, our guide will give us an overview of the National History Museum, where we will find objects from all periods of Greenland's history. The collection is so large and diverse that it is impossible to take it all in on this visit, so you will want to take note of the museum's location for a later visit perhaps later today or during another trip to Greenland. From there, we will pass other buildings and statues in the old part of Nuuk, such as Hans Egede's house, the "Mother of the Sea" statue, and the beautiful Annaassisitta Oqaluffia church. Our guide will explain their role in the history of Nuuk and Greenland before we head to the open-air market where freshly caught fish, seals and reindeer are sold.After exploring the day's catch and learning a bit about the importance of hunting in Greenland, we will head to the modern center of Nuuk, passing the Greenland Parliament building. This area is quite a contrast to the starting point at the Colonial Harbour.
After enjoying some free time we can return to the port with our guide or stay in the city to continue discovering it on our own and/or go to the Nuuk Center, Greenland's first shopping mall opened in 2012.
- DURATION: UP TO 2 HOURS WITH ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
- NO SUPPLEMENTS.
- Level of easy/cultural/panoramic.
- The tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or traveling with wheelchairs or strollers.
- Warm and wind/rainproof clothing should be worn. In summer, the average temperature is 10°C and weather conditions change very quickly.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ORDER OF THE PLACES TO BE VISITED MAY CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE DUE TO POSSIBLE EVENTUALITIES (BOAT ARRIVAL TIME, POINTS OF INTEREST SCHEDULE, ETC.).
- ONLY GUIDED EXCURSION IN ENGLISH IN THE WHOLE AREA
|2022||Group of 18 people||695.0 €|
|2022||Group of 47 people||920.0 €|
|2022||Group of 57 people||940.0 €|
|2023||Group of 18 people||695.0 €|
|2023||Group of 47 people||920.0 €|