Athens Tour, Plaka and Acropolis
Shore excursion from port of Piraeus, Greece
- Duration 7h
- Activity level low
What you'll do
Welcome to Athens.
We will meet our guide at the pier.
From the port, we will start with a panoramic tour, passing through the Zea Marina, Kastela and Microlimano, continuing towards the Faliro area where the old port of Athens is located. You will see the Olimpiakos Stadium and Peace and Friendship Stadium as well as other sports facilities that hosted the 2004 Olympic Games.
Crossing the Syngrou Avenue, we will reach the center of Athens to enjoy our first stop to the Stadium od Panathenaikon promoted by Lycurgus in the 4th century BC and rebuilt in 1896 according to its original plan. The Olympic flame is carried here every four years.
The bus will then drive us to Olympieion (temple of Olympian Zeus) which dates from the 6th century BC, one of the largest temples of Corinthian style and the Zapion, located within the National Gardens. We will continue towards the Hadrian Arch, the Statue of Lord Byron, the Constitution Square with the Presidential Palace built by Otto I of Bavaria, today seat of the Parliament. In front of the Palace is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, protected by the Presidential Guard.
As we drive through the city we will pass important neoclassical buildings such as the University, the National Academy and the National Library.
Our exciting travel through time will continue with the visit to the famous Acropolis, dominating the Athenian landscape since 5th Century BC, Athens Golden Age. We will walk around the site and its notable structures, like the Propylaea and beyond them Parthenon, one of the most recognizable monuments of ancient civilization built as a temple to the patron deity of the city Athena, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erectheum with its graceful Porch of the Caryatids.
Before returning to the port of Piraeus, we will have a free time in Plaka (old area of Athens) to do some shopping, have lunch or visit the Temple of Zeus and the Dionisio Theater (same ticket as for the Acropolis). New Museum of Acropolis is located at 300 meters and can also be visited (not included).
Return to the Port of Piraeus via Syngrou Avenue.
SUPPLEMENTS to pay on the spot:
- Acropolis: from € 20.00 (approx. 24USD) per person SKIP THE LINE
- € 10.00 (approx. 12USD) reduced rate for over 65s
- Valid identity document required.
- Free: under 18
- Whispers 2.5€ to be paid on spot (compulsory)
- It is essential to present documentation to justify age.
- It will be the client's responsibility to carry the documentation in hand that proves their condition to be a beneficiary of possible discounts on the entrance fee. The acceptance or not of this documentation, will depend on the monument and never ours, since it is not a procedure that is done prior to reservation.
- 1/11 to 03/31 the reduced rate applies to all.
- YOU MUST PREPARE THE EXACT MONEY AS THE GUIDE DOES NOT TAKE CHANGE
- CLOSING DAYS ACROPOLIS: January 1, March 25, May 1, Easter (Sunday of Holy Week), December 25 and 26)
- These days the Acropolis will be closed for being a holiday. The visit will be abroad from the mountain and there will be no possibility to enter. The rest of the itinerary will not be affected.
- Athens Acropolis schedule
- From April to October: Every day from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- From November to March: Every day from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Easy / Panoramic / Cultural Level.
- We inform you that you cannot access the Acropolis with baby cars. For passengers carrying babies we recommend the use of backpacks.
- Passengers with reduced mobility or difficulties in walking are informed that the terrain of the Acropolis is irregular and the pace of the visit quite light and not recommended for wheelchairs and baby carriages.
- Comfortable shoes required.
|2023||Group of 6 people|
|2023||Group of 17 people|
|2023||Group of 37 people|
|2023||Group of 48 people|
|2023||Group of 55 people|
|2023||Group of 61 people|