Agios Nikolaos city tour and Spinalonga Island
Shore excursion from port of Agios Nikolaos, Greece
- Duration 8h
- Activity level medium
What you'll do
Welcome to Agios Nikolaos on the wonderful island of Crete. After disembarking, your guide will be waiting for you at the port holding a sign.
Accompanied by our guide, we will take a walking tour through Agios Nikolaos, a wonderful port area, tree-lined broad walks, cobalt blue waters, hidden churches, and a small lake surrounded by restaurants and rocky cliffs.
Agios Nikolaos is one of the must-see destinations for travelers coming to Crete. Located 65 kilometers east of Heraklion, this picturesque town sits on the slopes above the beautiful Mirabello Bay, near Elounda, where some of Crete's most popular luxury hotels are located. The city has a relaxed atmosphere and is easy to explore on foot. From here, we will take some free time to enjoy ourselves in this typical Greek city.
We will continue, this time, by bus and we will go to Plaka Village for a quick stop. From there, we will take a small boat and visit the now uninhabited island of Spinalonga (Kalydon).
Located in the Gulf of Elounda along the northeast coast of Crete. During the 16th century Venetian occupation, the invaders built a defensive fortress here to protect Mirabello Bay. Today visitors can tour the massive structure and abandoned buildings that sit along its turreted walls.
Spinalonga Island is a popular historical and tourist attraction, known for its archaeological sites and fortress once used as a Turkish stronghold and leper colony, shallow pools formerly used to collect sea salt, and pretty cobble stone beaches along crystalline waters. Our guide will tell us many stories about the history of the island.
Upon returning to Plaka Village, we will enjoy a few minutes in this area facing the sea. We will take time to refresh ourselves, eat something (not included in price) or buy some souvenirs.
At the end of the excursion, we will return to port saying goodbye to this wonderful day in Crete.
- THE TOUR INCLUDES FREE TIME OF APPROX 30-45 MINUTES THAT YOU CAN ENJOY DURING THE TOUR. USUALLY AT THE END.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ORDER OF PLACES TO VISIT MAY VARY WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE DUE TO POSSIBLE EVENTUALITIES (ARRIVAL TIME OF THE SHIP, SCHEDULED POINTS OF INTEREST, ETC.)
EXTRAS TO BE PAID ON SITE
- Boat from Plaka Village to Spinalonga (round trip): Adults and children from 11 Years old 10,00€ (approx. 12USD).
- Children between 25 months and 10 years 5.00€ (approx. 6USD)
- Free drinks (24 months or less)
- Entrance to spinalonga Archaeological Site:
Citizens European Union:
- General admission 8,00€ (approx. 9.50USD) Visitors between 25 and 64 years old.
- Reduced entry 4.00€ (approx. 5USD): people over 65 years of age from Greece or other MEMBER States of the EU and the European Economic Area, upon presentation of their ID or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.ç
- Free: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member states, upon presentation of their ID or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Non-European Union Citizens:
- General Admission 8.00€ (approx. 9.50USD) Visitors from 25 years old.
- Reduced entry 4.00€ (approx. 5USD): Children and young people between 6 and 25 years old, from non-EU countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Free: Children up to 4.99 years old, from countries outside the European Union, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- People with disabilities and an accompanying person (only in case of 80% recognized disability), regardless of the country of origin, upon presentation of their ID or passport and Certificate of Disability issued by the Single Social Security Corps (decision of the Disability Certification Center (KEPA) for Greek citizens or similar certificates issued by a corresponding authorized foreign body.
- Level: Medium/Panoramic/Cultural It is advisable to wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, people who require the use of a wheelchair or who travel with baby strollers, due to the irregularity of the terrain.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to communicate correct and real information when requesting reservations. We are not responsible for incorrect or incomplete data and reserves the right to refuse bookings with data that does not meet the requirements.
- It is reported that any discrepancy between the age and situation communicated and the actual age at the time of offering the service will make a difference that the passenger must pay before entering the monuments.
Our staff, identified with a SHORE2SHORE sign will wait for you in the parking lot of the same port. This is located about 100 meters from the docking dock. At any time look for the guide NOT the bus. It will be the guide who tells you the location of our bus.
|2023||Group of 16 people|
|2023||Group of 30 people|
|2023||Group of 50 people|
|2024||Group of 50 people|