Achilleion Palace, Kanoni and Corfu old town
Shore excursion from port of Corfu, Greece
- Duration 4h
- Activity level low
What you'll do
Our Shore2Shore Excursions guide will meet you to arrival your cruise at the Port of Corfu where we board an air-conditioned coach to take a guided tour of the island of Corfu.
Our first visit is at the Achilleion Palace. The peaceful island of Corfu, called by the Greeks “Kerkira”, was the destination where the Austrian Empress Elisabeth (Sissi) decided to take refuge, far from the obligations of the court of Habsburg. Lonesome, the Empress appreciated the calmness of the island profiting from its magnificent sights. She ordered the construction of the Achilleion Palace, which after her death was bought by the Emperor Guillaume II, equally seduced by the beauty of Corfu.
2022: Achilleon Palace is currently under works, we will visit the MON REPOS Palace instead.
Our local guide will help us discover the palace, luxuriously decorated and surrounded by beautiful gardens dedicated to the favorite hero of Sissi, Achille.
We continue our visit to Kanoni to admire the Mouse Island, the magnificent view over the bay and the Monastery of Vlacherna.
Short free time is provided so as to take photos of this picturesque landscape, before continuing our visit to the old town of Corfu.
We will stroll through the old town, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list, famous for its fortresses of Venetian and neoclassical style. The centre of the town, built on the hill, is a maze of narrow and lively streets where we can find numerous craft workshops.
Free time is provided for shopping before returning to the Port of Corfu.
- Entrance to the Achilleon Palace, to be paid on site:
- 10€ (approx. 12USD)
- Free for children under 6 years.
- Mon Repos Palace (2022): 3€ adults, 2€ seniors, free under 25 years
- MUST SHOW ID anytime
- Please bring the exact amount, the guide does not carry change
- The entrance fee is set by the municipality and may vary without prior notice.
- Easy / Panoramic / Cultural Level
- Comfortable shoes required.
- People with reduced mobility, who use a wheelchair must be accompanied by another person who can help them. Please use folding wheelchairs, since buses do not have elevators or ramps.
|Group of 6 people
|Group of 16 people
|Group of 32 people
|Group of 49 people