Our guide will meet you at the port.
Enjoy the spectacular views offered by the pristine beaches and the rugged mountains of the east coast of Fujairah and Khor Fakkan, on the Gulf of Oman's shores.
The first place visited will be the Fujairah Museum and its fascinating collection of local archaeological objects, which includes exhibitions of coins used before the UAE formation in 1971.
Then we will stop to take pictures at the 300-year-old Fort of Fujairah, before visiting the Heritage Village. This peculiar village-exhibition is designed to travel through time and learn more about the lives of its former inhabitants, including work tools, typical irrigation systems and other testimonies of their work many years ago.
We will cross the coast to Al Badiya, oldest mosque in the Arab Emirates, with two Portuguese watchtowers from 1498 that rise above the mosque and the oasis village of Al Badiya.
Return to the port so you can rejoin your ship for onward passage to your next port of call.
GENERAL INFORMATIONS FUJAIRAH CITY TOUR
- Entrance museum - 5.00 AED
Attention: On Fridays some places may be closed, as it is a Sacred day for Muslims. The Mosques will remain closed in addition to Fridays also the holidays of the Muslim calendar with variable dates.
There is a mandatory dress code for the entrance to the mosques:
- For women: loose long pants, tight clothing is not allowed to the body, long sleeves and should cover their head with a handkerchief. Entry with socks, transparent clothing or white pants is not allowed.
- For men: pants, they can be short, provided they cover the knees. Shirts or shirts with bare shoulders are not allowed.
- Forbidden to enter a swimsuit or inappropriate clothing.
- Couples can not hug in the Mosque, or to take a picture.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ORDER OF THE PLACES TO VISIT MAY VARY WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
SHORE2SHORE is not responsible for the competent authorities not allowing entry to the mosque for not adhering to the dress code. OUR GUIDES do not have clothes that they can lend, nor do they have clothes to sell or rent.
- Easy / Panoramic / Cultural Level.
- Order of visits could change.
- Due to the great contrasts between the outside temperature and the temperature of the places visited and the air-conditioned tourist vehicles, it is recommended to wear a light sweater or jacket for your comfort.
- Mandatory to wear appropriate clothing in places of worship that will be visited.
- Comfortable shoes are advised.
- People with reduced mobility, who use a wheelchair must be accompanied by another person who can help them. Please use folding wheelchairs, since buses do not have elevators or ramps.
The Mosques will remain closed in addition to Fridays the holidays of the Muslim calendar with variable dates and the following dates: January 1, August 6, November 30, December 2.